The main motivation of this post is that it seems more and more frequent (if not more frequent if too frequent) to find people who ask about starting in the world of hacking.
Speaking for the group of whasapp, we commented that there is a whole series of knowledge that we consider necessary to start with computer security. For reasons that do not come to mind, I prefer to call it computer security. XD
The intention of the post is not to explain systems, services or networks, if not simply enumerate this knowledge and maybe if you see it necessary to make some hyperlink to some explanation. The idea is that the post is expanding with things that you consider necessary.
– Administration of users and groups
– Package Systems in GNU / Linux
– File systems
– Active Directory / LDAP
– Motorization of the system
– Using Logs
– Processes and priorities
– BASH and POWERSHELL
– Types of networks and topologies
– OSI Model
– IPv4 Addressing, Subnneting, CIDR, IPv6 VLMs
– TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP
– Collision and broadcast domains
– Routing, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP
– Types of NAT
– VPN, SSL, IPSec
– Principles of the entity-relationship model, normalization
– Creation and modification of databases.
– SQL – PL / SQL
– Client-Server Model
– HTTP, HTTPS
and the rest of the protocols 😀
– Fundamentals of Algorithm
– Some scripting language, to the taste of the consumer.
– C #, C ++, JAVA or some other language.
– Pointers, memory management
– Using Debuggers
It is necessary to understand that many of these subjects are transversal to the computer security to “deepen” in its knowledge. It is not the same to know SSH, than to know how to use it and to fortify it.
Any contribution of knowledge that you consider important I add. Some may not consider many of these important things to use many tools. And he’s right. But the goal when studying computer security should not be to know how to use tools, it should be to understand them. It is of no use knowing how to use Zenmap / Nmap if we do not know that it is an ACK.
PS I’m sure I forget to include many things … xD